[Beowulf] Flashmobcomputing

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Feb 26 11:51:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 pesch at attglobal.net wrote:

> Nothing moves faster than the speed of light - with the exception of bad
> news (according to the late Douglas Adams); therefore, at the grid
> nirvana, bad news must get increasingly more bad. Which leads me to the
> hypothesis that nirvana is that locus at the irs which stores the access
> codes for the pentium microcode backdoors...

This is not exactly correct.  Or rather, it might well be true
(something mandala-like in the image of that locus:-) but isn't strictly
logical or on topic for the list.  The correct LIST conclusion is that
for us to build transluminal clusters, we need to insure that all the
messages (news) carried are bad.

Now, who is going to develop BMPI (Bad Message Passing Interface)?  Any
volunteers?

;-)

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu