[Beowulf] G5 cluster for testing

Ashley Pittman ashley at quadrics.com
Wed Feb 25 08:03:02 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 07:10, Bill Broadley wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 04:17:31PM -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Anyone (vendors?) out there have a G5 cluster available for some
>
> For the most part I'm finding that cluster performance is mostly
> predictable by single node performance, and the scaling of the
> interconnect.

There is a third issue here which you've missed which is that
interconnect performance can depends on the PCI bridge that it's plugged
into.  It would be more correct to say that performance is predictable
by dual-node performance and scaling of the interconnect.  Of course
this may not make a difference for Ethernet or even gig-e but it does
matter at the high end.

Ashley,