[Beowulf] Subclusters...

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Feb 25 04:18:14 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 raiders at phreaker.net wrote:

> - groups of cluster-users will be restricted to their own clusters normally
> (some exclusions may apply)
> - SGE/PBS, GbE etc are standard choices
A very quick answer from me is to think of the whole thing as one cluster,
then install it.

In SGE, it is possible to have groups of users defined, and to allow only
certain groups/users access to each queue.
So (say) you could have a Physics group, a Chemistry group etc.

As for access to the public facing nodes, again quickly off the top of my
head, you just need authentication which allows logins only from the
appropriate group.