[Beowulf] Adding Latency to a Cluster Environment

James Cownie jcownie at etnus.com
Tue Feb 24 10:37:12 EST 2004

> I am profiling a software package that runs over LAM-MPI on 16 node
> cluster s [Details Below]. I would like to measure the effect of
> increased latency on the run time of the program.

Look for "dimemas" on Google.

It's a simulator from Cepba for parallel architectures which is
intended to allow you to adjust exactly this kind of parameter.

At one point they had it coupled up with Pallas' Vampir so that it
could read Vampir trace files and then simulate the same execution
with modified communication properties, or modified CPU properties.

--
-- Jim