[Beowulf] C vs C++ challenge

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Feb 24 09:33:37 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Matt Valerio wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm an avid C++ programmer myself, and C++ is definitely my choice of the 2
> languages.
>
> That being said, I think it would be interesting to see what the creator of
> both C and C++ has said about the two.  I ran across this interview with
> Bjorn Stroustrup at
> http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma/Resources/c++_interview/c++_interview.html.
>
> Like anything on the internet, it should be taken with a grain of salt.  Can
> anyone vouch for its validity, or is it a hoax to get us to all hate C++ and
> stick with C?

I posted that up there when I found it because it is hilarious.  I
assume that it is a satire (not exactly the same thing as a "hoax":-).
However, as is the case with much satire, it contains a lot of little
nuggets that (should) make you think... about "good practice" ways of
coding in C++ if nothing else.

  r-still-a-C-guy-at-heart-gb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu