[Beowulf] C vs C++ challenge

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 08:56:31 EST 2004

Matt Valerio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm an avid C++ programmer myself, and C++ is definitely my choice of the 2
> languages.
>
> That being said, I think it would be interesting to see what the creator of
> both C and C++ has said about the two.  I ran across this interview with
> Bjorn Stroustrup at
> http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma/Resources/c++_interview/c++_interview.html.
>
> Like anything on the internet, it should be taken with a grain of salt.  Can
> anyone vouch for its validity, or is it a hoax to get us to all hate C++ and
> stick with C?

Hello, Matt.

I think most people know that Brian Kernighan and Denis Richie created
'C', not Bjorn Stroustrup: He created C++. The IEEE 'interview' is a
hoax, of course! but Bjorn Stroustrup doesn't think it's funny:

http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#IEEE

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687