[Beowulf] Movie Editing Requirements

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Feb 23 09:11:00 EST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Martin WHEELER wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Brent M. Clements wrote:
>
> > It also doesn't matter what
> > os a beowulf cluster runs.
>
>  ..as long as that OS conforms to the definition of free software, that
> is..
>
> Or am I just an old fuddy-duddy, with out-of-date concepts?

No, you're absolutely right.  It's right in there in the original
beowulf documents and description, IIRC.

There are some excellent reasons for this, BTW, as you'll discover the
first time something doesn't just work for you "out of the box".

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu