[Beowulf] Movie Editing Requirements

Jag agrajag at dragaera.net
Sun Feb 22 10:20:20 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 23:30, Brent M. Clements wrote:
> Actually a beowulf cluster can also run windows. There is a port of maya
> to clusters...There are also many other movie editing software
> distributions that work very well on clusters..It also doesn't matter what
> os a beowulf cluster runs.

By definition, a beowulf cluster uses a free/open OS.  So, a beowulf
cluster can't run windows.  However, an HPC (High Performance Computing)
cluster doesn't have that requirement.

I know its kinda nitpicking to try to distinguish between Beowulf
cluster and HPC cluster, but in some ways it is important.