[Beowulf] Movie Editing Requirements

Sawan Gupta mg_india at sancharnet.in
Sat Feb 21 19:18:55 EST 2004

Hello,

My client uses Adobe After Effects, 3D Max, Maya etc on his PIV HT
system with 512 DDRAM and a 128 MB Graphic Card.

But when he perform some rendering operations, it takes nearly 10-15
minutes to complete.

He wishes to upgrade his system to dual XEON with more RAM to minimize
this time delay.

I want to know whether this will suit his requirments or a cluster is
just what he needs.
Please tell me which cluster can suit his requirements i.e.
Windows/Linux.
I mean which cluster can best suit these requirements.

Also are the softwares used by him also available for Linux or not. (If
the solution suggested is in Linux)

Regards,

Sawan Gupta
|| Mg_India at sancharnet.in ||