[Beowulf] want to implement a Beowulf cluster

Douglas Eadline, Cluster World Magazine deadline at linux-mag.com
Fri Feb 20 15:12:09 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, John Hearns wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Salman Guy wrote:
> > hi all,
> > I want to learn Beowulf cluster implementation practically and for this
> > purpose i need some help from u ppl.....I need reading material and ebooks
> > so if anyone of u has done some practical work on Beowulf clusters then plz
> > guide me or send me information regarding this,
> >
> I think we need a FAQ here :-)

There are the old FAQ and HOWTO's (still some relevant background

There are other links at ClusterWorld.com (on the right side, scroll down)
that may be useful.

Now is a good time to announce my effort to update the FAQ (and possibly
the HOWTO).  Starting next week, I plan on updating the FAQ by using the
ClusterWorld.com site as a place to collect questions and answers. Stay

<shameless plug>
Of course ClusterWorld magazine is designed to provide this type of
information as well.
</shameless plug>

> Sorry I'm in a rush to go off on the train to FOSDEM in Brussels.
> SO I always say:
> Look at Robert Browns webpages at Duke

and book:

> The books 'Linux Clustering' by Charles Bookman

IMO, this is not a good book for HPC clusters.

> and 'Beowulf Clustering with Linux' by Thomas Sterling are excellent.

New edition:

Editor-in-chief                   ClusterWorld Magazine
Desk: 610.865.6061
Fax:  610.865.6618                www.clusterworld.com