[Beowulf] Best Setup for Batch Systems

john.brookes at quadrics.com john.brookes at quadrics.com
Thu Feb 19 10:50:43 EST 2004

If you keep the db on a separate filestore then - if your pbs server goes down - you can just have a failover server that 'becomes' (takes over the ipaddr and hostname - the other nodes won't even notice the difference) the original server if the original gets screwed. We've got a couple of customers that do this, but YMMV as they use: a) a somewhat non-standard PBS; b) out-of-band management to ensure that the node isn't just temporarily unresponsive.

Cheers,

John Brookes
Quadrics