[Beowulf] Best Setup for Batch Systems

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Feb 17 23:02:54 EST 2004

You can choose between SGE and SPBS.

SGE has more features, better fault tolerance, better
documentation, and better user support.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net

SPBS is closer to what you have now, so you and your
users (BTW, are you the only one?) don't need to learn
something new.

http://www.supercluster.org/

Andrew.

 --- "Dean Michael C. Berris"
<mikhailberis at free.net.ph> 的訊息:> Good day
everyone,

> I have just a 5 node cluster networked together with
> a 100 Mbps Ethernet
> hub (well, not the best setup). The master acts as a
> NAT host for the
> internal hosts, and only the master node has 2 nics,
> one facing the
> internet and another facing the internal net. The
> master node is
> accessible from the internet, and I login to it to
> run jobs in the
> background (using screen).
>
> I've been reading a lot about OpenPBS and the Maui
> scheduler, but as
> mentioned in the list and also evident in the
> website, the OpenPBS
> system is not readily downloadable/distributable.
> Are there any
> alternatives to OpenPBS which does most of the same
> thing (batch
> scheduling of jobs for clusters)? Interfaceability
> using a GUI frontend
> (without having to make one of my own) is definitely
> a plus.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Dean Michael C. Berris