[Beowulf] Best Setup for Batch Systems

Dean Michael C. Berris mikhailberis at free.net.ph
Tue Feb 17 06:56:34 EST 2004

Good day everyone,

I have just a 5 node cluster networked together with a 100 Mbps Ethernet
hub (well, not the best setup). The master acts as a NAT host for the
internal hosts, and only the master node has 2 nics, one facing the
internet and another facing the internal net. The master node is
accessible from the internet, and I login to it to run jobs in the
background (using screen).

I've been reading a lot about OpenPBS and the Maui scheduler, but as
mentioned in the list and also evident in the website, the OpenPBS
system is not readily downloadable/distributable. Are there any
alternatives to OpenPBS which does most of the same thing (batch
scheduling of jobs for clusters)? Interfaceability using a GUI frontend
(without having to make one of my own) is definitely a plus.

TIA

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
http://mikhailberis.blogspot.com