[Beowulf] Math Coprocessor

Lombard, David N david.n.lombard at intel.com
Fri Feb 13 11:57:00 EST 2004

Behalf
> Of Martin WHEELER
> Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 6:54 AM
> To: John Hearns
> Cc: Robert G. Brown; sunil kumar; beowulf at beowulf.org
> Subject: Re: [Beowulf] Math Coprocessor
>
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, John Hearns wrote:
>
> > But then again I may be the only person to own "Fortran 77:
> > A Structured Approach".
>
> Wow!  Bleeding edge stuff.
> On the subject of pure perversity, my Fortran notes stop with a
> roneotyped rip-off copy of Fortran IV Self-Taught *in French* dating
> from 1968.  (Anyone else remember the 60s workhorse, the IBM 1130?
> Punched card paradise?  I believe some guy in France has got one back
> together and working, but I don't remember where.)
>
> [Weeps sadly into Wincarnis as the memories flood back.]

Ah, another 1130 veteran!  Group hug!

There's an active 1130 group, and you too can run R2V12 on your very own
1130 simulator, complete w/ Fortran (not EMU, sigh) and other tools.
IIRC, APL may even be available.  http://ibm1130.org

One of my hobby tasks is to port the simulator GUI to Tcl/Tk or
Perl/Tk...

--
David N. Lombard

My comments represent my opinions, not those of Intel Corporation.