[Beowulf] Virginia Tech upgrade

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Thu Feb 12 10:25:03 EST 2004

In case anyone hasn't read slashdot in the last few hours,

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/04/02/12/0613255.shtml?tid=107&tid=126&tid=181&tid=187

Now, everyone face Doug's house and say, "Doug is
always right. Doug is always right" :)

Jeff

> The first thought I had was "what will they do with all the old systems?"
>
> Then it hit me. They put a fancy sticker on each box that says
> "This machine was part of the third fastest supercomputer on the planet
> Nov. 2003" or something similar. Also put a serial number on the tag and
> provide a "certificate of authenticity" from VT. My guess is they can
> make
> a little bit on the whole deal. I wager they would sell rather quickly.
> Alumni eat this kind of thing up.
>
> For those interested, my old www.cluster-rant.com site has morphed into
> the new www.clusterworld.com site. You can check out issue contents,
> submit stories, check out the polls, and rant about clusters.
>
> Doug
>

> --

Dr. Jeff Layton
Aerodynamics and CFD
Lockheed-Martin Aeronautical Company - Marietta