[Beowulf] Profiling floating-point performance

david moloney moloned at tcd.ie
Wed Feb 11 12:44:59 EST 2004

I have an application written in C++ which compiles under both MSVC++
6.0 and gcc 2.9.6 that I would like to profile in terms of floating
point performance.

My special requirement is that I would like not only peak and average
flops numbers but also I would like a histogram of the actual x86
floating point instructions executed and their contribution to those
peak and average flops numbers.

Can anybody offer advice on how to do this?  I tried using Vtune but it
didn't seem to have this feature.