[Beowulf] Gentoo for Science and Engineering

help at supercluster.org help at supercluster.org
Tue Feb 10 19:55:22 EST 2004

Chris,

  Thanks for the cc.  You will probably need to forward this message to
beowulf as I don't think we are registered.  OpenPBS 2.3.12 was selected
because its license did allow anyone to modify/distribute the code for any
reason with the only conditions being that the license be included and the
original creators acknowledged.

  To our understanding, changing the license can only be done by the
current license holders, ie Altair.  The good news is that they are
currently considering this as a possibility although we do not know which
way they are leaning.

  As far the Cluster Resources/Supercluster is concerned, our plans are to
continue to contribute to this project, developing infrastructure changes
as needed, adding scalability, security, usability, and functionality
enhancements, and rolling in community patches and enhancements with no
intention of creating a commercial/closed product out of it.

  Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
Supercluster Development Group

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Chris Samuel wrote:

Supercluster Development Group
Scheduling and Resource Management of Clusters and Grids
Maui Home Page   - http://supercluster.org/maui
Silver Home Page - http://supercluster.org/silver
Documentation    - http://supercluster.org/documentation