[Beowulf] DC Powered Chassis

Sun Feb 8 17:09:36 EST 2004

hi ya nathan

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Nathan Littlepage wrote:

> With all the power talk on the 'HVAC and Room Cooling' subject. I've
> been looking for 1 or 2u chassis that support -48v DC as the main power
> source. Does anyone know of someone that manufactures these?

some collection of "these"

http://www.Linux-1U.net/PowerSupp/DC
http://www.Linux-1U.net/PowerSupp/12v

problem with +12v or -48v dc inputs is you need to provide
enough current to these "dc power supply"
	- at 12v .. we were calculating about 400A ...
	since we estimate 4A per mb and 100 mb per rack
	and double it or 50% for keeping the powersupply
	reasonably within its normal lifespan ( mtbf )

fun stuff...
alvin