[Beowulf] Cluster applications.

Douglas Eadline, Cluster World Magazine deadline at linux-mag.com
Sat Feb 7 21:36:50 EST 2004

Check out:

http://www.clusterworld.com/article.pl?sid=03/03/17/1838236&mode=thread&tid=8

Also, the "Right Stuff" Column in ClusterWorld addresses some of these
issues. To see the a small summary of the columns look at:

http://www.clusterworld.com/issues.shtml

Doug

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Balaji Rangasamy wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a real high performance computing application to evaluate
> the performance of a 2-node cluster running RH9.0, connected back to back
> by 1GbE. Here are some characteristics of the application I am looking
> for:
> 1 Communication intensive, should not be embarassingly parallel.
> 2 Should be able to stress the network to the maximum.
> 3 Should not be a benchmark, a real application.
> 4 Tunable message sizes.
> 5 Preferably MPI
> 6 Free (am I greedy?).
> Can someone point out one/some application(s) with at least first 3
> features in the above list? Thank you very much.
> Regards,
> Balaji.

Editor-in-chief                   ClusterWorld Magazine
Desk: 610.865.6061
Cell: 610.390.7765         Redefining High Performance Computing
Fax:  610.865.6618                www.clusterworld.com