[Beowulf] O'Reilly's _Building Linux Clusters_

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Feb 3 10:38:56 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> This book from 2000 discusses building clusters from linux. I
> bought it from a discount store not because I'm going to build
> another cluster from linux, but rather because of the discussions

Mike, I bought this book almost when it came out.
Its easy to do injustice to someone with a quick email,
especially as David Spector put a lot of effort into the book,
and I haven't.
However, this OReilly is reckoned not to be one of the best.

I always recommend 'Linux Clustering' by Charles Bookman,
and 'Beowulf Cluster Computing with Linux' edited by Thomas Sterling.

Online, there is the book by Bob Brown

For cluster management specifically, google for Rocks and Oscar,
and there are lots of other pages.