[Beowulf] O'Reilly's _Building Linux Clusters_

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Feb 3 10:38:56 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> This book from 2000 discusses building clusters from linux. I
> bought it from a discount store not because I'm going to build
> another cluster from linux, but rather because of the discussions

Mike, I bought this book almost when it came out.
Its easy to do injustice to someone with a quick email,
especially as David Spector put a lot of effort into the book,
and I haven't.
However, this OReilly is reckoned not to be one of the best.

I always recommend 'Linux Clustering' by Charles Bookman,
and 'Beowulf Cluster Computing with Linux' edited by Thomas Sterling.

Online, there is the book by Bob Brown
http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma/Resources/beowulf_book.php

For cluster management specifically, google for Rocks and Oscar,
and there are lots of other pages.