[Beowulf] Re: HVAC and room cooling...

Michael T. Prinkey mprinkey at aeolusresearch.com
Thu Feb 5 11:23:13 EST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Tim Wait wrote:

> > Dropping a fine gauge wire across the main power rails was an
> > interesting stunt, too. Too bad he didn't even get flash burns.
>
> How about an electrician, who, while working on your building
> power conditioning, sends 180V through your 120V building,
> frying everything not on UPS?
>
> We were not amused.

Oh, give the guy a break:  Red, Black, White...it is all very confusing!

My most serious problem has been with the computer room UPS begin shutdown
accidentally, dropping a half-dozen raid servers.  Many TBs of data were
endangered.  I might be able to forgive them if it only happened once, but
I've needed to force myself to stop counting events because doing so
interferes with my ability to properly suppress homocidal urges.

Seriously, one would think that a Darwinian effect would kick in at some
point and cull the electrical service hurd.  My observations (and others
here as well) seem to dispute that.