[Beowulf] Authentication within beowulf clusters.

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Feb 2 09:29:49 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 09:24, Brent M. Clements wrote:
> We use ldap extensively here on all of our clusters that IT maintains. We
> like it because it allows great flexibility if we need to write web
> based account management systems for groups on campus. LDAP is actually
> very very easy to implement, especially if you use redhat as your
> distribution. We use redhat mostly exclusive here so our setup and
> configuration for ldap is pretty cookie-cutter.

I know the clients are rather easy, it is setting up the server that I
found somewhat difficult.  I did go through the howto's, used the RH
packages.  Had some issues I could not find resolution to.  This was
about a year ago.

I have a nice LDAP server set up with a completely read-only database
now.  I haven't been able to convince it to let clients write (e.g.
password and other changes).  Not sure what I am doing wrong, relatively
sure it is pilot error.