[Beowulf] Linux 2.4 vs 2.6 AND ia64 vs amd64

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Sun Feb 1 21:35:43 EST 2004

 --- "Andrew M.A. Cater"
> IIRC: Since you seem well aware of SPBS / storm - is
> the newest storm
> release fully free / GPL'd such that I can use it
> anywhere?

They now call it "torque", not sure when they are
going to get a new name again :(

Not sure what you mean by "use it anywhere". You can
use SPBS (yes, I like this name better) in commerical
environments. If you make modifications to SPBS, you
need to provide the source code for download.

If you want to modify the source, and sell it as a
product, you may want to use SGE.

AFAIK, SGE uses a license similar to the BSD, while
OpenPBS uses a license similar to GPL.

Andrew.

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩
海的顏色、風的氣息、愛你的溫度,盡在信紙底圖