[Beowulf] Linux 2.4 vs 2.6 AND ia64 vs amd64

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Feb 1 14:33:03 EST 2004

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

>>Also ia64 performance looks bad when compared to Xeon
>>or amd64. Intel switching to amd64 is a good choice
>>;->
>>

>Newsflash: Severe weather means Hell freezes over, preventing flying
>pigs from taking off :)

Note:   http://www.hometownvalue.com/hell.htm   which is zip code 48169
According to weather.com, this zip code is about 27 F right now.  As 32
F is officially "freezing over", we can with all accuracy note that
indeed, Hell (MI) has frozen over.

Note 2:  It was quite a bit colder last week and up to yesterday where
southeast Michigan was hovering in the low negative/positive single
digits in degrees F.   We shouldn't complain as the folks in Minnesota
have not seen the high side of 0 very much recently.

As for the aerodynamic porcine units, you are on your own.

Joe