[Beowulf] RE: MPICH with ICC 8.1

Gabb, Henry henry.gabb at intel.com
Mon Dec 27 15:51:37 EST 2004

Hello John,
I was able to build MPICH- without any problems using the Intel
8.1 compilers. The package id's on my system are l_fc_p_8.1.018 and
l_cc_p_8.1.021. What compiler packages are you using? The -V option will
give you this information. Here is the sequence of commands that I used
to build MPICH:

> source /opt/intel_fc_81/bin/ifortvars.sh
> source /opt/intel_cc_81/bin/iccvars.sh
> export FC=ifort
> export CC=icc
> configure >& configure.log
> make >& make.log

I checked the configure and make logs and there were no errors or
problems. The mpif77 script compiled
./mpich- without problems. I performed my
tests on an Itanium cluster running Red Hat EL 3.

Best regards,

Henry Gabb
Intel Parallel and Distributed Solutions Division