[Beowulf] $2500 cluster. What it's good for?

Larry Schuler larryas2 at fastmail.us
Mon Dec 20 08:11:01 EST 2004

>On Dec 18, 2004, at 9:52 AM, Jim Lux wrote:
>I think it would be interesting to contemplate potential uses of a
>cluster.  Once you've had the thrill of putting it together and
>something with POVray, what next?

What about the creation of a short animation film (ala
Dreamworks/Pixar)? I don't know if there's any open-source software to
do this, but it would probably have: universal appeal, possibilities in
many realms, scales well for cluster size, easy to visualize results?
Is there anything to do this out there?