[Beowulf] Raid disk read performance issue in Linux 2.6, anyoneseen this?

Rivera, Angel R Angel.R.Rivera at conocophillips.com
Wed Dec 8 14:48:44 EST 2004

I am trying to catch up here so please bear with me.

We have been doing a lot of testing with the 2.6 kernel
and are in fact moving to it for our disk nodes because
of issues with the 2.4 kernel. We have seen an across
the board increase in performance over the 2.4 kernel.

Our tests have included DAS NFS boxes as well as SAN
attached dual Opteron puppies w/ Qlogic cards.

I can tell you that it does take a little bit of work
to make it all play together well, but so does the 2.4
kernel.