[Beowulf] Re:Gaussian in parallel (Geoff Galitz)

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Thu Dec 2 05:21:57 EST 2004

Donald Kinghorn <kinghorn at pqs-chem.com> writes:

> Compiling is sometimes a nuisance but no more than you'd expect for a huge
> program that is supported on so many platforms.

What? Are we talking about the same program here? I mean, a Makefile
that promptly removes all produced *.o files, so that each time you
run the build script (written in csh, for crissakes!) every source file
must be recompiled?

Don't get me started, but

contains a good rant and instructions for working around some of the
major braindead stuff.

Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert
National Supercomputer Centre           Linkoping University
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org