[Beowulf] Re:Gaussian in parallel (Geoff Galitz)

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 1 14:56:29 EST 2004

> Gaussian tests with SuSE 9.0 for the Opteron and had some difficulties with
>
> SuSE 9.1. They usually recommend SuSE 9.0.

SuSE 9.1 we have only on 32 bit, but maybe it's similar on Opteron:

The "difficulties" with SuSE 9.1 were for us with the latest updates of SuSE.
You will get a glibc which is too new and a missing (renamed) symbol. Since we
compile on our own, we only needed a small update of Linda to 7.1a, then it
worked again. If you have G03 binaries, it may be similar.

Cheers - Reuti