[Beowulf] PostgreSQL

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Thu Aug 19 23:07:39 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:46:44AM -0400, Roberto Melo Cavalcante wrote:

> If so, does PostgreSQL is really taking advantage of the cluster? I mean
> does it see the entire cluster as one machine?

The short answer is, "No!"  There's a bit more to it than that,
though.  AFAIK, there is no readily available production worthy RDBMS,
anywhere, that works well and seamlessly on a low-cost Beowulf type
cluster.  There are, however, many partially complete approaches and
plenty of room for further R&D.  For some links to additional info,
see my contributions to this thread:

Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>