[Beowulf] DIMMnet-1 DIMM slot NIC?

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Sun Aug 1 12:54:28 EDT 2004

> > What is your reasoning?  Bandwidth limitations?  Address bits?  Latency?
>
> As I wrote, not enough address space. A single DIMM can cover at most

this is slightly overbroad, since no one said that the net-dimm has to
implement a flat addressing scheme.  that is, that the only addressing bits
come from the normal row/col addresses used in the standard dram protocol.

suppose, for instance, row/col merely selected the destination node, and the
first 64 bits of the data burst defined the memory address (in the destination
node's address space).