Environment monitoring

Tim Wait waitt at saic.com
Tue Sep 30 18:00:20 EDT 2003

> humidity, or movement in the room?  I'm looking at a NetBotz/RackBots here
> (http://www.netbotz.com/products/rack.html) and was wondering if anyone has
> any experience with them or if you have any other (inexpensive <$2000)
> suggestions.  Thanks for any help.
> Mitchel Kagawa

You can get a standalone unit that you can plug into your network
and access via telnet or http, or if you have a SmartUPS unit, get
the card that plugs into the slots at the back, and use APC's
powerchute software to monitor the data over a serial port.
It has all the bells and whistle for custom alert/notification etc.
...and the price is right.