Q: Building a small machine room? Materials/costs/etc.

nixon at nsc.liu.se nixon at nsc.liu.se
Mon Sep 29 08:03:22 EDT 2003

Toon Moene <toon at moene.indiv.nluug.nl> writes:

> Robert G. Brown wrote:
>
>> We have some of these (including the big red switch by the door) but not
>> all.  Maybe soon -- the first is really a matter of sensors and scripts.
>
> Do you also have the "door-opening-switch" right next to the BRS ?
> That can lead to very funny mistakes (especially if you're not the one
> making the mistake).

Couple of years ago, when my employer-at-the-time were building new
premises, I walked into the computer room-to-be just as the
electricians were finishing the installation of the Big Red Button.
In their wisdom they had placed it by the door, between the light
switch and the door lock switch.

Fortunately, I was authorized to issue Change Orders, so the
electricians' Orders were Changed *real* quick.

--
Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert
National Supercomputer Centre           Linkoping University