Redhat Fedora

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon Sep 29 05:31:23 EDT 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Thornton Prime wrote:

> Why do you say this? To my knowledge, the only restrictions either of
> these distributions have (or can have) on re-distribution are trademark
> restrictions involving the use of their distribution name or logo.

Indeed - I use Pink Tie Linux at home.
This is a distro supplied on CD-ROM which is equivalent to RH.

The system I'm using at the moment started life as a Pink Tie 8.0
I've since used apt-get dist-upgrade to upgrade it to a 9.0
(Sorry Bob - not YUM.)
I'm still a bit proud of that - dist-upgrading a RH system.

There's a bit of a discussion on the Fedora list about dist-upgrade to
the Severn beta. But I think I'll be safe here and run that up on another
system.