Redhat Fedora

Thornton Prime thornton at yoyoweb.com
Mon Sep 29 00:07:52 EDT 2003

> Indeed: by demanding Red Hat / SuSE you may already be using a
> proprietary solution (since you can't redistribute their Linux
> versions).

Why do you say this? To my knowledge, the only restrictions either of
these distributions have (or can have) on re-distribution are trademark
restrictions involving the use of their distribution name or logo.

You can't say that a re-distribution of Red Hat is Red Hat, but the code
is completely open to distribution -- in both source and binary form
(you are required by GPL to make the source available to whomever you
distribute to).

I do agree that we should press vendors to make their software vendor
neutral.

thornton