Why MDKC & CLIC are not comparable to RH Advanced [Was Re: Redhat Fedora]

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Fri Sep 26 11:25:07 EDT 2003

[...]
> Again, this doesn't mean that your product packaging is without value --
> I'm sure that it is engineered to help neophytes who are unlikely to
> achieve that level of efficiency initially get there quickly, and there
> is indeed value in providing people with a repository image to mirror
> including regular updates of the important core packages (as I said,
> this is what I think you should sell).
[...]
You are the kind of users which are able to setup a full cluster with a
Linux From Scratch with a repository and automated building tools.

Our product is aimed for people who don't have the time or don't want to
setup such architecture.

Obsviously we make cuts in our prices for educational research labs.

Best regards,
--
Erwan Velu
Linux Cluster Distribution Project Manager