Redhat Fedora

Greg Lindahl lindahl at keyresearch.com
Fri Sep 26 13:53:12 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:44:42PM -0400, Bob Drzyzgula wrote:

> Actually, I thought that in fact "we" tended to do a lot of
> this -- cf. Rocks, Clustermatic, Warewulf -- it's just that
> these never seem to capture the market in the same way that
> Red Hat always was.

Are any of these really "distributions", or are they "a minimal set of
stuff overlaid on RedHat?" It makes sense to use a free and complete
conventional distro to build a cluster distro -- but now the free and
complete distro is splitting into the less-reliable and less-fixed
distro (consumer) and the not-exactly-up-to-date distro (enterprise),
which changes what we can do cheaply.

-- greg