rsh

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Wed Sep 24 05:09:32 EDT 2003

> I tried running tstmachines and I got
> "Errors while trying to run rsh hostname -n true
> Unexpected response from hostname:
> ---> Permission denied ..."

> Please help with the rsh settings that I need to inorder to get the rsh to work.
> Masego-otlhe Segone

Please check that your the .rhost of your user account is like the
following:
<node_name_allowed> <user_allowed>

example:
final.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute1.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute3.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute4.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute5.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute6.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute7.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute8.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute9.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test
compute2.compute.mdkc.mandrakesoft.com	test

then be sure that .rhost is 644, "vi" give usualy a group writable
permission that rsh doesn't like.
--
Erwan Velu
Linux Cluster Distribution Project Manager