A question of OS!!

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Wed Sep 24 04:26:09 EDT 2003

> I've used both SuSE and Redhat, and like both.
> In fact, we use SuSE on Opterons, as SuSE were there first with
> a complete distro, which is very good.
This is not true, MandrakeSoft had release the Opteron version of its
Linux distribution at the same time that the processor was available.

So you have the choice for Opteron between MandrakeLinux and Suse.
And for the clustering things, MandrakeClustering also exists for
Opteron.

> I fail to see though why SuSE would have an advantage in parallel
> computations.
I think it was initialy because suse had provided a lot of libraries.
--
Erwan Velu
Linux Cluster Distribution Project Manager