A question of OS!!

Sarat C Maruvada csarat1 at uic.edu
Wed Sep 24 12:51:58 EDT 2003

Hi,
   After going through the mails, I have noticed that most of SuSe
"advantages" are specific to AMD Opteron processors,mainly because of 64
bit support. Actually the specification of the cluster uses an
Athlon XP 2600+.
  Also since some of you have mentioned,I think it is also prudent to
look into cluster distributions (like ROCK for example)..And clearly
waiting for RHEL seems like a very good option.Once thing is clear
though,no RH 9.0 :-)....
Thanks once again.

Sincerely,
Sarat.

Sarat Chandra Maruvada              830,S.Claremont Ave.,
Research Assistant, CS Dept.,       #2,
Prof. Florin Balasa,                Chicago,
SEO 937,                            IL - 60612.
UIC.                                Ph: 312-850-9711.