A question of OS!!

Sarat C Maruvada csarat1 at uic.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:28:20 EDT 2003

Hi,I am planning on installing a 32 node beowulf cluster for high
performance bio-informatics applications. As a OS I was planning on
installing Red Hat Linux 9.0.But I had heard from somebody that SuSe Linux
has advantage in parallel computations. Having no hands-on experience in
SuSe Linux, I have no idea how to verify this or do a comparision. What do
you advice as the OS for the cluster? And how to determine this,as there
are a bunch of unix OSes out there.Thanks.

Sincerely,
Sarat.

Sarat Chandra Maruvada              830,S.Claremont Ave.,
Research Assistant, CS Dept.,       #2,
Prof. Florin Balasa,                Chicago,
SEO 937,                            IL - 60612.
UIC.                                Ph: 312-850-9711.