Redhat Fedora

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Sep 23 04:37:45 EDT 2003

Hopefully not too far off-topic, as a lot of clusters use Redhat.

As most of us know, Redhat announced that they are pursuing a new
community led development model for future Redhat 'consumer' releases.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who was wondering what that meant for the
direction of cluster computing.

There's more meat on the story now with what looks like a tie-up between
Redhat and the Fedora Linux project (Fedora set out to have a high quality
update and addon package site).
http://fedora.redhat.com
And it supports YUM and apt-get, which can only be a good thing.

Comments?