opteron problems

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Sat Sep 20 09:46:02 EDT 2003

> We're running SuSE 8.2 beta on a cluster of dual Opterons. The
> motherboards are Rioworks HDAMA.
> We're not seeing the problems you describe - they generall seem stable.
> Recently upgraded to the latest BIOS from the Rioworks site.

I've run MandrakeClustering on this kind of hardware with a 2.4.19
(patched by the Mandrake kernel team) and the error you're talking has
never been reproduced.
The only problem I had was some troubles with the apic (noapic should be
given  to the cmdline) but the lastest stable bios (1.72) gives a lot of
fixes for Linux and the noapic features is no more needed.