Virginia Tech PowerMac G5 Cluster Photos

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Sun Sep 21 11:26:12 EDT 2003

G5s need more power than G4s for sure, as their die
size is larger, but AFAIK, the typical power usage is
lower than the Pentium 4s, and thus much much lower
than the IA64 chips.

Also, it's it a waste to have 1100 brand new ATI video
cards, and another 1100 superdrives **unused** in the
cluster? (I would love to have them!)

Andrew.

 --- Dean Johnson <dtj at uberh4x0r.org> 的訊息:
> Their energy density is trivial. I can't recall how
> many watts they are,
> but my guess is much less than even old celerons. I
> wouldn't be
> surprised if each of those whole machines sucks less
> juice than a single
> itanic cpu. Wasn't the G4 design spec something like
> 24 watts.
>
> --
>
> 	-Dean

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩