Building a small machine room?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Sep 19 10:34:43 EDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Daniel Kidger wrote:

> Unfortunately in many places, halon is now banned from new machine room
> installations - upon the mistaken belief that human lives are worth more
> than the computers.

That's sad. Where will BOFH be without his Halon hold-off button to
torture unsuspecting service engineers and IT managers?

"No, I mean, lift a couple of floor tiles, tie some cat-5 cable at ankle
height between racks, unscrew the Halon Hold-off knobs, remove the
doorknobs from the inside of the computer room doors and hide the oxygen
masks."