Building a small machine room?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Sep 18 12:08:31 EDT 2003

well actually halon is banned most places for new installations because
it's a cfc...

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/defns.html#halon

It is possible to be grandfathered or get an exclusion but there's really
no reason any more. In some installations osha rules requires the
availablity of scba gear (self contained breathing aparatus) in the
facility. our telco switchroom is setup in such a fashion...

There are a number of acceptable replacemnts for total flood dry chemical
fire suppression systems... which would include thing like intergen
ig-541, hcfc-22, ammonium phosphate evirogel, halotron, or even good old
CO2

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu