Building a small machine room?

Andrew Latham lathama at lathama.com
Thu Sep 18 09:03:10 EDT 2003

Halon is used in situations where water is a threat.  If a sprinkle head starts
dumping water on a system pluged into a UPS it will get ugly.

Halon is not banned from telcom rooms so just sell it to the fire marshal as a
telcom room. I was under the impression that the room would have no people
permanently stationed in it.

Halon does not kill people. It replaces Oxygen. It can injure or kill a person
after large and lengthy exposure but not likely.

--- Daniel Kidger <Daniel.Kidger at quadrics.com> wrote:

> > second contact a Halon installation company
> >       (chemical fire stopper - sprinklers are bad)
>
> Unfortunately in many places, halon is now banned from new machine room
> installations - upon the mistaken belief that human lives are worth more
> than the computers.
>

> Daniel.

> Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
> One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505

=====
Andrew Latham

Penguin loving, moralist agnostic.

LathamA.com - (lay-th-ham-eh)