Building a small machine room?

Andrew Latham lathama at
Thu Sep 18 09:03:10 EDT 2003

Halon is used in situations where water is a threat.  If a sprinkle head starts
dumping water on a system pluged into a UPS it will get ugly.

Halon is not banned from telcom rooms so just sell it to the fire marshal as a
telcom room. I was under the impression that the room would have no people
permanently stationed in it.

Halon does not kill people. It replaces Oxygen. It can injure or kill a person
after large and lengthy exposure but not likely.