Q: Building a small machine room? Materials/costs/etc.

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Sep 18 08:50:37 EDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Jim Lux wrote:

> You also don't want the thermal kill to shut down the power to the blowers,
> now, do you?

You don't but ours does, I'm pretty sure.  I'm not certain what the
precise motivation was -- I believe it was the issue of those firemen,
not knowing what circuits in the room were on and what were off.

> There are books on computer room design around, and while not everything is
> applicable, a lot is.  It might be worth finding one at the library or
> technical bookstore and browsing through it so that you can be an "educated
> consumer".

Do you have any specific ones to recommend?  Amazon is around the
metaphorical corner, and it seems like this would be a useful addition
to my bookshelf.  Although at this point I've learned a lot on my own
the very hardest of ways;-)

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu