Diskless Cluster

Jim Phillips jim at ks.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 17 11:52:51 EDT 2003

Another option is a bproc-based system like Scyld or Clustermatic.  You
don't get a full Linux install on the slaves, but if you can live with
that limitation administration is pretty easy.  We're currently booting
our diskless slaves off of floppies, which is OK with bproc because the
actual runtime kernel is loaded off of the network during the boot
process.

-Jim