Need Rocks cluster feedback

amazonia amazonia at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 17 05:01:18 EDT 2003

Hi,

We will be soon implementing a new 32 node gigabit cluster based on x86 arch.

The bosses are looking at rockscluster or RH9+scripts or RH7.x+oscar. (My favourite is FAI, I will be probably part time admining the cluster)

I would like to know the experience of listmembers and pros/cons of Rocks Cluster distr v3.0 for x86.

I heard that rocks people advocate a quick reinstall of faulty node without any analysis. Is it true? I wouldn't prefer that.

What is the best cluster mgmt tool? (Oscar etc). Which is the most popular?

Regards,
Matt